[NABS-L] Looking for helpful resources to plan our student division event

Matthew Gip matthewhgip at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 17:15:25 UTC 2019

Hi Jessica,

Here are some helpful resources and advice before starting to plan a social event to recruit new members. First, if you have not done so already, find a venue to hold the event and have a date and time set in stone. Next, create a flyer explaining brief details on the event and then distribute the flyer to different colleges/universities around your state, chapters, vocational rehab, get a list of previous state and national scholarship recipients from your state affiliate President, and finally, before the event, work on getting your agenda planned out, and I would also suggest having some speakers, door prizes and food to reach out to new prospective members and explain what AABS is and encourage them to get involved. Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Matthew Gip
President | California Association of Blind Students
Board Member | National Federation of the Blind of California
Co-chair | National Association of Blind Students Outreach Committee
Phone: (559) 375-2068
Email: matthewhgip at gmail.com
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nations blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.