[NABS-L] for those of you who have used Vital Source ...

JASON ALAMILLO leadershipjba at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 02:47:03 UTC 2019

Hi all, I also had some questions about vital source. So I am under the impression that you have to listen to it, either on their own version of audio or on the audio provided by VoiceOver, but from Miranda’s post, it seems like you can also just flick the screen to the left and right as though you are reading messages or websites. Which assumption am I correct on? I also want to know, as I have always just had my books transcribed into word documents by the DRC, and I have read them on my BrailleNote Touch or computer, is that also a possibility on this app? And if so, which format do the books come in if they are downloadable in a way to have them in this format instead of having them on a website or app all the time? If there is no way to keep them as formats that can skip having to use the web or the app all together any time we need to read our books, how can we search for paragraphs, words, quotes, and any other thing we may need within a book? When I went to download the app, on my phone it now says audible, is that the one we have to download or is there another one? And do we have to log in with our amazon accounts? If I have the app wrong, could someone please share the right one to this email conversation so I and others can download it? Thank you for all your help.