[NABS-L] Discussion Starter

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 19:10:14 UTC 2019

Hi Fellow NABSTERS:

I'm a 2-time Washington Seminarian, having attended the 2017 and 2018 seminars. Like Gabe, I love walking the halls with my state affiliate teams. It's especially exciting when I'm with my team and we run into Federationists from other states who are all working together to take our priorities to Congress. It is a powerful reminder of our nationwide unity, no matter which state we come from. Though I had always heard talk about the Federation as a great national family, I don't think I came to truly know what that means until I attended Washington Seminar and national convention in the same year.

A close second would have to be the Great Gathering-In meeting which takes place on the first night of the Seminar. Its energy, in my opinion, can only be prepared to that of the first general session of national convention, and I would agree with those who have referred to it as "the NFB's pep rally." In both seminars I attended, any nervousness I felt about going to the Hill was washed away as soon as I heard President Riccobono and our supporters in Congress lift our spirits. It's one of those emotions which must be experienced to be fully understood.

Sadly, I won't be able to attend in-person this year due to the timing of the start of my spring semester. But I hope that those who are going will have the moving and impactful experience I have had!

Chris Nusbaum