[NABS-L] NFB Center’s Adult Training Program

Mariya Vasileva mkvnfb94 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:13:41 UTC 2019

Hi Haoran. All three centers from Colorado, Louisiana, and Minnesota, teach non-visual structure discovery techniques to enhance the lives of blind adults alike. I attended the Louisiana Center for the blind in Ruston Louisiana during the summer of 2012, and you walk around everywhere you go because it is a small town and if you want to do public transportation assignments, you have to go with a center staff like your travel instructor for example, to a bigger city that has buses that you can learn on how to utilize. Otherwise, you’ll learn the same kind of travel skills that you would learn in the other two centers. With computers, braille, woodshop or learning how to build things and utilize power and regular tools, and of course doing house management stuff, you learn just as equally and just as efficiently as all three centers. For Minneapolis, and Littleton, where the Minnesota and Colorado centers are located, everything else is the same as far as skilled teaching, but the travel experiences are a bit better because for both cities, you have direct public transportation that you can access and utilize right on the spot to learn how to use in every major city. For the small towns, of course you learn how to utilize other travel techniques to get around just the same. The Colorado Center for the blind is the one in Colorado, and BLIND Inc or blindness learning in new dimensions Inc. is the one that is located in Minnesota just for your reference. Although you may have different experiences at each and every center, the affects of over 90% of their graduates is the same, you become more competent and more self sufficient in order to do whatever it is you want to do without allowing society to tell you otherwise. I also attended BLIND Inc during their adult program from 2014 to 2015. If you have any questions as to the details of how these training programs are different from the traditional, let me or anyone else on this list that’s an NFB center graduate no, we would be happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone