[NABS-L] Braille music

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 15:57:26 UTC 2019

Hi Dan:

I agree with Kaiti's suggestion of purchasing Richard Taesch's "Introduction to Braille Music" course. That was my first introduction to the code and it continues to be a great resource for me. I would also invite you to join our MusicTalk listserv, where you can interact with your fellow blind musicians who are members of the NFB Blind Musicians Group. To join the list, send an email to musictlk-request at nfbnet.org and put the word Subscribe in the subject line. Perhaps this is a shameless plug because I chair the BMG, but I really think it would be a great source of networking and information gathering for you.

One more thought: There is a wonderful blind musician and music teacher from Illinois who teaches Braille music privately to individual students. She has become sought after nationally, so she can do lessons over the phone, Skype, FaceTime, etc. She's a great teacher and a fun person to work with, so I think you will enjoy her immensely. Please get in touch off-list and I can connect the two of you.

Hope this helps,

Chris