[NABS-L] Convention Volunteers Needed

Johna Wright johnawright98 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 00:04:50 UTC 2019

Good afternoon students,

We hope you are all having a fun, enjoyable, and productive summer.

National convention is less than a month away, and we are excited! We hope you are looking forward to our NABS events at convention as much as our board is.

However, we cannot do what we do without the help from our members. Below, please find a brief summary of volunteer positions. If you are interested in volunteering at any of these events, please contact Syed Rizvi (syedrizvinfb at gmail.com) and Nina Marranca (ninam0814 at gmail.com) directly by June 25 at 11:59pm eastern standard time. We are eager to reunite with our members and meet new members in our Federation family in just a month! Volunteer position descriptions are below:

Marshalls: do you have a loud voice and enjoy meeting new people? If so, marshalling is perfect for you! Your duty as a marshaller is to point people in the direction of the event taking place. For example, by saying "Student Networking this way!" We will need marshallers for Student Networking, our NABS Business Meeting, and our Carnival being co-hosted with the American Action Fund as we celebrate their one-hundredth year.

Pre-registration and registration: we are in need of volunteers to help us prior to our business meeting on Monday evening. You will be tasked with crowd/line management and the registration of business meeting attendees.

Booths and carnival games: are you ever nostalgic for your childhood experiences at carnivals? Fear not, the American Action Fund and NABS are here for you. We need your help in setting up carnival games and booths for convention attendees on Tuesday evening.

Exhibit table: are you exceptionally persuasive and great with people? If so, we are in need of your talent. NABS will be selling T-Shirts and water bottles at our exhibit table, and we need you. This is a wonderful way to meet people as you simultaneously support NABS in the process.

We hope you will consider volunteering a few hours of your time at the 2019 convention of the National Federation of the Blind. Thank you in advance for helping our events run as smoothly as possible.

Cheers,

Johna Wright
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division
Social Media Chair, National Association of Blind Students
Director, ABLE Mercer