[NABS-L] Slower Performance of JAWS 2019

Mausam M mausam.mehta.nfb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 19:53:20 UTC 2019

Hey friends!
I have a question about current performance of the JAWS screen-reader. Here’s some context:
I used NVDA for my first semester of college, and it served just about every purpose it needed to. However, earlier this year, I switched back to JAWS, thinking it would fill in some of the little gaps that weren’t working with NVDA. I have been noticing that JAWS 2019 is significantly slower on my computer than NVDA… There are also several strange bugs that, while not the end of the world, are still pretty frustrating. I am not sure whether this is due to my system configurations, or whether the update is generally slower.
What are your experiences with JAWS 2019, and do you have any strategies or workarounds to improve productivity?
Thanks!

Best,
Mausam