[NABS-L] internship issue

Emily Schlenker eschlenker at cox.net
Tue Sep 17 23:06:58 UTC 2019

Hi. What a cool field of study! I am writing into offer you encouragement and assure you that you are under no obligation to limit yourself to only facilities for the blind. I wish I could say this is the last time you will encounter this level of discrimination, but we both know that is probably not the case. Hang in there, contact as many people as you can, and never hesitate to tell people about yourself and what you are doing. You never know when someone might have a great lead for you. The people who are in charge of helping to place you in an internship  have no understanding of the amount of problem-solving that most of us are capable of, and it is frustrating that they can limit you so much based on their own ignorance. May I ask what types of facilities the students with eyesight are placed in? I am not very familiar with this field. It might help me to come up with some ideas.
Emily

Sent from my iPhone