[NABS-L] internship issue

nmpbrat at aol.com nmpbrat at aol.com
Wed Sep 18 02:31:39 UTC 2019

Alba,This sounds pretty ridiculous to me.  It would be like them telling me that I could have only done my student teaching in a school for blind people.  I'm not sure who is telling you this...but don't allow them to limit you.  I would focus on where you are interested in working possibly after graduation.  If you're dead set on doing what they are asking, a nursing home might be a good fit.  You will often find quite a few clients in there with poor vision.  If it were me though, I'd do something I'm really interested in.  As an example, prior to my teaching career, i worked at a therapeutic horseback riding facility that worked with the disabled and veterans.  I had a love for both animals, including horses, and then also the teaching and therapeutic recreation aspect of it.  Best of luck to you!Nicole