[NABS-L] Please read if you haven't yet updated to iOs 13

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 21:44:53 UTC 2019

Hi All,
I hope you have had a great start to the school year.
I updated to iOS 13 from iOS 12 on my iPhone 8. I'm experiencing some VoiceOver issues which, although I can mostly work around them, would have made me reconsider updating, so I would highly recommend, for these of you who haven't yet updated, not to do so.
First, you can no longer read PDF files on the Apple Books app. I used to love doing this because it allowed me to navigate files easily, search for page numbers, and only show one page at a time. The phone will just freeze at the text. (Note that books from the Apple store will still work). I'm fortunate to have a Braillenote which will allow me to access the relatively large textbook I need, but I would still, in hindsight, not have updated yet.
The second thing (although this is much more minor) is that you can't log in to Amazon any longer with the iPhone. The password field goes blank after you type it in, so that the only two ways to log in would be with a computer or with sighted assistance.
I just thought I'd let you all know.
Vejas