[NABS-L] Accessable spell checkers for all platforms including gramarly for writing class:

Kendra Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 20:29:52 UTC 2019

Hi ll!
This year, I’m taking Writing 121 which is one of the uper average writing courses in my community college. As part of the class, we are suposed to use Gramarly as a tool. I have not experienced it being very accessible on the mobile platform. Does anyone know if it’s just me or is it inaccessible across the board? Also, does anyone know if it’s inaccessible on a laptop vertion? On my phone, I use an iphone SE with Voice Over and the last vertion of IOS 12. On my laptop computer, I use a Dell laptop with Windows 10, the home vertion. I also use both JAWS and NVDA. So far, I have not been impressed with the mobile vertion because I found several key buttons to be inaccessible. I could see the button but not get it to work. Other buttons were both unworkable and were not labeled. Has anyone else gotten this? Also, has anyone had any luck with avoiding the same problems on their laptop computers? Also, does anyone know of a good accessable spell checker for an iphone? I have not found one so far. Even my sighted writing teacher agreed with me that the spell checker on the IOS platform isn’t great.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear", Author Unknown.
Thank you for reading this email! Also, please note that I have eighth grade spelling. I'm well known for spelling mistakes. Ironicly, writing is one of my gifts.
Blessed  Be!
Kendra Schaber,
Student of Chemeketa Community College,
member of 350.ORG Salem,
Member of the National Federation of the Blind of Oregon, Capitol Chapter.
Writing on my Polaris Braille Sense.
Using both Gmail and Outlook.
Go Detroit, Red Wings! Go Pittsburgh, Penguins! Go Portland, Winterhawks! Go Baltimore, Oriels!  Go Baltimore, Ravens! Go Oregon State Beavers, baseball and football teams!