[NABS-L] Register Now! NABS 2020 Walk-A-Thon Link is Live!

Elizabeth Rouse elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:00:36 UTC 2020

Hey everyone!
The National Association of Blind Students is proud to announce our 4th
annual NABS Walk-A-Thon! If you support blind students, believe in the
future of blind students, or benefit from our organization, please register
 by visiting:
https://go.rallyup.com/nabs2020
This fun and easy effort will focus on raising funds for our organization,
which provides many resources for blind students, including mentorship,
guidance on success in high school and higher education, sponsoring
attendance at leadership seminars, sending national student leaders to
events to empower  our youth, and so much more.
What are we asking of you? Please join us by participating in this
initiative, just involving walking…something that is routine to most of us!
Each day, our leaders and members are motivated to do more, jump higher,
and reach for the stars to pave the path for future blind students. Come
along for this journey, whether attending 2020 National Convention or not.
See below for details about the event, and contact Kyle Garcia with any
questions (mailto:kgarcia2432 at gmail.com).
When: Thursday, July 16, 2020 from 12:00AM - 11:00PM Central Standard Time.
You can participate anywhere in the world, as long as you are willing to
review your steps at the beginning and end of the day.
How: Participating is as simple as looking at your iPhone Health app or
downloading an app that records steps and convert them into miles walked.
How do you raise pledges? Once signed up by visiting
https://go.rallyup.com/nabs2020
you will be asked to share your page to social media. This post will inform
your friends and family about what you plan to do on July 16 and why you
are doing it. When seeking donations, we encourage pledges of around 5
(five)-10 (ten) dollars per mile, but, of course, any
sponsorships/donations are encouraged and appreciated. Social media is the
outlet to success, so share widely and often!
The best part is that we are not asking you to change your day up or, if at
convention, miss the fun that National Convention provides. Your role is as
simple as sign up, share your page, and then walk!
Oh, and did we mention that the person who raises the most money wins a
CASH prize?!?!
Don’t pass up this exciting and fun opportunity. Register today and show us
all your competitive side.
Thank you so much in advance…let’s go walk!
Elizabeth
--
Elizabeth Rouse
She/her/hers