[NABS-L] Starting College, I'm Scared!

Sabrina Kimbrough princesssabrina924 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 15:11:28 UTC 2020

Alisha,First of all, you did get props on comedy and that is a good thing. As far as college goes, a few things...1. Find your social and academic footing. Socially, find people and groups  to connect with. Your roommate /for mates are a good place to start Az long as you have one connection, that will make a difference. Academically, find your study groove. Some people do better with classes in the morning and others do better in the afternoon. Some study better in the morning others At night. .  2. Take care of yourself.  Don’t put pressure on yourself by feeling like you have to complete your work in one sitting. Take breaks and do bits of it daily. Also Commit to having some you time with no school. Whether that is a day or portions

  of every day, it will make a difference. Lastly, counseling is not a bad thing.
3. Your classes.  If you have your schedule, introduce yourself to the professors. Most of them appreciate it and are willing to help. Also get your syllabi’s as soon af possible and copy all the assignment dates. Lastly connect with the ADA office and research librarian.  I know this is a lot, but I  Hope it helps you.Whether you can or you can’t , you’re right! Henry Ford