[NABS-L] Math class in college

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:31:44 UTC 2020

Hi Nesma,
I took quantitative reasoning.
I felt it wasn't too "involved" in the sense that it wasn't very graph-heavy. Much of the work involved learning about budgeting and polls, and doing calculations. What you'll have access to will depend largely on if the course is in-person, hybrid or online.
My math books were given to me in Braille. I met with a reader once a week to look through diagrams, occasionally more or less if necessary. I also had a math tutor, separate from my tuition. I met with my tutor once a week, and I would bring the Braille volume we were currently using as well as the print copy for my tutor. You should be able to ask to borrow a print copy just for the semester. Yours might be a bit different, but mine was also a general ed. We also had math lab, which accompanied the class, in which we learned Excel basics.
I hope this is helpful,
Vejas