[NABS-L] Looking For Good Notetaking Apps

nspohn0 at gmail.com nspohn0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:23:49 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I had a meeting recently with my disability office coordinator and he asked
me how I take notes. In high school, I took notes mainly by myself. I typed
my notes in Word.

I know that as an engineering student, things will get more complicated and
it may be good to have either a note taker or have some kind of app to use
for notetaking. I think I want to try and not have a note taker because I am
an auditoary learner. If someone handwrites notes, I am unable to magnify
them. I have also heard that sometimes professors will move quickly and the
student is just along for the ride (depending on the professor of course).

Are there any notetaking apps where you can record a lecture and then have
the audio be converted into a transcript? Are there any apps where you can
type your notes as you are recording the lecture so that you can review your
notes that were taken at the given time point?

Thank You,

Nic