[NABS-L] Your Input on Learning Management Systems

JASON ALAMILLO leadershipjba at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 18:31:42 UTC 2020

Hello all, I have also used Blackboard and Canvas. I have to say that there are thing that I do like about Canvas and things that I don’t like at all. I know someone talked about the web cam not being very accessible or useable and the microphone is not very good for recording assignments, so that is why I use the video feature on my phone, record it and upload it. I do think that Canvas could be more accessible when it comes to uploading assignments. For example when I click on upload a file, it doesn’t tell me if the file I selected was attached successfully or not. This is why I have to send professors emails with my assignments as well. For writing emails, when I type in a name to search for, I have to press the down arrow, then press enter in order to select the name of the person I want to send the email to. And then I have to do a shift tab in order to hear if the person I wanted was successfully selected. When trying to select multiple people to send an email to, and it is not meant for the whole class, it gives me many issues. I use both Jaws and VoiceOver to navigate Canvas, and depending on the situation, I use one or the other. Hope this helps.