[NABS-L] NFB Training Centers

Luther Fuller theheathbar123 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:38:12 UTC 2020

Dear NABS members,
I am blind and have recently finished my sophomore year in college. I'm thinking about enrolling in an adult program at one of the training centers this fall. As I have been blind my whole life, I am proficient in Braille and using access technology. The main area that needs a lot of work is my O&M/travel skills. Home management is a close second, but it's the lack of travel skills that has limited my life the most.
I would like to hear your thoughts, experiences and recommendations about the different centers. Are different ones better at different things? etc.
As a matter of disclosure, I attended an eight-week program at CCB two years ago, and found it a good experience. So if there's one I'm leaning towards a bit, it would be CCB, but I want to be thorough in exploring my options.

Thanks,

—Luther

Sent from my iPhone