[NABS-L] Accommodations for deaf-blind students

maurice mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Wed Jun 24 22:49:42 UTC 2020

Good afternoon, you state that your loss is mild-to-moderate. Do you know if it is going to stay that way or deteriorate in the future. There is a reason why I’m asking. Because after loss is progressive then you may want to make sure that your request for accommodations is backed up by a licensed audiologist. But I would follow your schools policies and procedures on this matter. Equipment that I’ve used in class is something called an FM system, this is a device that is a short range transmitter the teacher a.k.a. instructor wears the main unit and you wear a receiver and the receivers can either be added on to some hearing aids, or the receiver can take the form of a device that you plug headphones, or a neck loop into said receiver. I should also tell you that I passed your message on to other members of the National deaf blind division born. So that others may give you suggestions as well. I hope your afternoon goes well.

Maurice Mines, Board Member
National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind Division
Email: board4 at nfbdeaf-blind.org <mailto:board4 at nfbdeaf-blind.org>
Website: www.nfbdeaf-blind.org <http://www.nfbdeaf-blind.org>
Live the life you want.
The National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind Division, a proud division
of the National Federation of the Blind, is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day
we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.