[NABS-L] NABS Now Podcast: EP 3 | A Trip Across the Globe

Nina Marranca ninam0814 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 03:17:01 UTC 2020

Hey, students!
We are so excited to bring you the next episode of the NABS Now Podcast! This month, we are talking all about studying abroad. Find the link and description below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF1mO69502Q&feature=youtu.be

Description: Colleges across the country are expanding study abroad programs offered to students, with some schools going as far as requiring that students take part in a studying abroad trip. Studying abroad offers a unique cultural experience that extends far beyond the realm of a traditional classroom. However, as a blind student, it can be tricky to know where to start. Panelists Johna Wright, Precious Perez, and Katelyn Macintyre have studied across the globe in Germany, Africa, and many places in between. They offer helpful insights about enrolling in a study abroad program and ensuring that the courses and excursions are accessible to you. Furthermore, they offer advice on making the most of your time in another country, creating memories that last a life time.
Thank you to our special guests Johna Wright, Precious Perez, and Katelyn Macintyre.
Are you interested in helping with the production of the NABS Now Podcast? Join our call on Wednesday March 4 at 9 PM EST.
To join, call: (712) 770-5197,,265669#
Thank you for your continued support of this great initiative!
Best,
Nina

Nina Marranca
Chair | Outreach Committee
Secretary Treasurer | New York Association of Blind Students
Moderator | National Association of Blind Students Mailing List