[NABS-L] Participate in Braille Monitor Survey

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Mon Mar 9 02:20:16 UTC 2020

Aloha Fellow Blind Students,

I want to encourage everyone here to take a quick survey about the Braille Monitor.

The Braille Monitor is a magazine that the Federation has published since 1957. We call it our flagship publication. In terms not so tied to the Navy, this means that it should be the lead publication of our organization, the one which all of us follow and contribute to in order to share what is going on in our Federation Family, the latest news about blindness-related activities, and the place we record the major milestones of the National Federation of the Blind's progress.

For some time now, we have been seeing Federationists-new Federationists in particular, we believe-who don't seem to know about the Braille Monitor and who have not subscribed because of it. We have assembled a survey that will ask participants a number of things about the Monitor, including whether someone has offered to sign them up for it; whether they read it and why not if the answer is no; and what should change to make the Monitor more the kind of magazine they want to see as the flagship publication of our organization.

The Braille Monitor reflects many of our traditions, but it also must evolve enough to clearly be relevant in this decade and those to come. Please help us by telling us what you want, what you need, and what you will read. Together we will keep making history, and the Braille Monitor will continue to tell our story about defining a problem, talking it through, and doing what it takes to see that it gets solved. Thank you for helping the publication that states boldly "We are the Blind Speaking for Ourselves."

Complete the Survey Online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BrailleMonitor

You can also complete it over the phone by calling 667-888-2454

Lastly, you can submit it in hard copy by answering the questions found here: https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm20/bm2003/bm200302.htm

Mahalo for your mana'o (Thank you for your input),

Justin

Justin Mark Hideaki Salisbury
he/him/his

Board Member | National Association of Blind Students
   A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
(808) 797-8606
president at alumni.ecu.edu | www.nabslink.org<http://www.nabslink.org/>