[NABS-L] Netflix Party

Miso Kwak misokwak12 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 15:58:45 UTC 2020

Hi all, I used this feature last night. I was not hosting; just
joining the "party."
1. No issue installing the extension

2. HOwever, I couldn't seem to find a way to actually join the party
when I clicked the url that the host shared with me. I had to get a
sighted person's assistance.
3. Once I joined, I could enjoy the feature for the most part. When
the host started playing the film, it started for me as well. My
setting of audio description being turned on worked for me as well,
although the host didn't have it turned on from her end. The person
who helped me actually join the party turned on the chat feature for
me, so I was able to participate in the chat. However, I am not super
confident that the chat toggle is intuitively accessible for those
using JAWS. Lastly, there is a feature that allows you to give
yourself a name. I couldn't figure that out on my own either. The
default is set such that you are represented by an image selected
randomly by the Netflix. For example, I was represented as a Pizza
image.

If anyone on the list has figured out how to use the extension more
accessibly, I would love to learn about that.

All the best,

Miso