[NABS-L] Resource for Help with Colleges/Universities moving to Online Courses

Justin Young jty727 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 22:00:15 UTC 2020

Hi All!

Hope you all are surviving through the spring semester and the
transition to online learning hasn't been too stressful/frustrating.
We here at NABS hope we may be helpful in these days, weeks, & months
of transition.  You can do this by letting us know what your specific
needs/concerns are by completing the following google form.

We will be sending out more updates in the coming days and weeks with
 helpful resources to tackle spring classes; however, we recognize that
 access barriers vary greatly among individuals, and we want to work directly
 with you to answer questions and formulate solutions. That is why we are
 beyond excited to launch our Inaccessibility in Online Education Support
 Form
 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXoK5sWCpBjvAu4EMOANUufEoJPyUlu4Q
 eJnMB6pIdeohmsg/viewform> , where students, parents, and educators alike can
 reach out to leaders of the National Association of Blind Students directly
 for individualized support. We intend to respond to all requests within 48
 hours of filling out the form.

We are hopeful the coming resources will prove to be helpful as
colleges and universities continue to update their learning platforms.

Thank you,

Justin Young
Co-Chair Legislative and Self Advocacy Committee, NABS
President, New York Association of Blind Students