[NABS-L] Problem with Zoom on iPhone

Seyoon Choi schoi09 at outlook.com
Sun Mar 29 23:36:30 UTC 2020

Hey Vejas and all,

I personally found that using Zoom on a tablet/laptop computers have worked effectively when working with video camera situations, in particular when an instructor may ask students to turn on the camera like for your instance. The webcams on most laptops are centrally located along the top half of the screen, therefore when the lid is open the camera is towards you already in a much more stable angle without being too shaky. If iPhone is your only option, propping up on the edge of a table vertically with the charging port facing down may do the trick. Opening an app such as native camera app or SeeingAI set to front facing camera and hearing for VoiceOver feedback when your face comes into the frame could help greatly with knowing where and how your phone should be angled for the camera to see your face. I was also thinking a music stand if you have those laying around, but that might be a bit tougher to get hold of, ha ha!

Good luck on online classes!

Regards
Seyoon,

Seyoon Choi (he/him/his)
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Parks College of Engineering, Aviation, and Technology
Saint Louis University
Co-chair | Outreach Committee
National Association of Blind Students
schoi09 at outlook.com