[NABS-L] free virtual machine recommendations

Marvin Hunkin startrektech at techie.com
Tue Mar 31 07:46:17 UTC 2020

Hi. Using jaws 2020 , nvda 2019.3 windows 10 64 bit pro. On a assus laptop.
Doing a network course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au. Got a free
dedicated server for assignments  from http://www.heropa.com. But only for
assignments and assessments. As their web tool is totally unuser friendly
and not accessible. Looking to rebuild. So looking for a free vm. Did sign
up for the vmware workstation education, but was rejected my application.
Not sure. And also listening to videos from http://www.pluralsight.com and
from http://www.linedinlearning.com. Vm ware player, asks for me to turn off
credential guard manager and security settings, if people are familiar with
that. Now, tried that and when trying to install windows server 2016 iso,
could not turn that feature off. In vritual box, no way to turn the audio
on, and it kept either crashing or powering off. Hyper v manager the same.
So can any one doing a networking course, let me know. And Microsoft azure,
trying to set up a free student account, would not recognize my landline
voip phone. Don't have a mobile phone, credit card, paypal. And now, any one
got any good recommendations for a free, accessible vm, that will work with
jaws, nvda, windows narrator. And able to then install such server os as
windows server 2008 r2, 2012, 2016, docker, etc.

Any ideas or help. Want to get my hands dirty and learn how to install,
configure and use networking. Any one got any ideas or in the same boat. My
college does not have a dedicated online server. Doing this online and with
about 11 other sighted students.

Any ideas. Help.

Thanks.