[NABS-L] Kindle Books on Alexa Devices

Leslie Fairall fairall at panix.com
Sun May 17 21:47:39 UTC 2020

I started a Master's degree in public administration a week ago. I bought
both the e-textbook as well as the Kindle edition of the book. The
e-textbook is through Yuzu and works fine for navigating the book. However,
the Kindle edition is another story. I'm listening to the book on my Echo
device. It's great if you want to read from start to finish, but that's
not what I need to do as it is a textbook. I'm currently on the phone with
Amazon support and they are baffled that the commands they were given do
not work for my book. What seems to be happening is that Alexa is
skipping by heading instead of chapters. Has anyone had this experience
with textbooks? Thanks for any feedback.

--
Leslie Fairall
mailto:fairall at panix.com