[NABS-L] Interesting zoom calls

Max Smith maxs71055 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 12:03:17 UTC 2020

I no these are ACB calls but I found them interesting maybe some people would want to check them out to.Please see below for a roundup of ACB Community Calls this week that might be of more interest to our members.

David's Bar And Grill Social: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Looking for a slightly more relaxed but equally as fun gathering as any virtual social you've attended? Come to David's Bar And Grill, where we welcome regulars and new people every week. From ice breakers to random conversation, we cover it all, and more, at David's Bar and grill. So bring your food and beverage of choice and come join the fun.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89217989899?pwd=dzlWSEZIWkE3aE0wSEpObDNFSzVNQT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,89217989899#,,,,0#,,079283#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 892 1798 9899
Passcode: 079283

Monday, October 5, 2020

Easy Chair Yoga: 4pm ET, 1pm PT, 10am HT
All you need is a chair, some comfortable clothes, and no shoes and together we can enjoy a relaxing and stress-free hour in the comfort of our own homes. Hosted by Leslie Spoone, Certified Aerobic Instructor and Personal Trainer.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85810305595?pwd=T1BlNEtiWi93eHZUcGF6bGgvNnU4UT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,85810305595#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 858 1030 5595
Passcode: 954475

¡VAMOS A HABLAR E (Let’s Talk Spanish): 7pm ET, 4pm PT, 1pm HT
¡BIENVENIDOS! Join amigas Minh Ha and Ashley Colburn every Monday evening for a friendly and informal meeting where we’ll discuss all things Spanish language and culture. We’ll bring different topics for discussion with plenty of time leftover for “conversación en español” with native and beginner speakers. All levels and abilities are welcome! ¡HASTA PRONTO! Sponsored by ACB Students. You can find group notes and words we learned during each session in this document. It will get updated weekly.
https://tinyurl.com/ACBSpanishgroup
Minh runs a Facebook group for language learners:https://m.facebook.com/groups/562134754546441?_rdr
Join the call:
https://zoom.us/j/96932054094?pwd=YnJuRjdsYjZyajR4K2JxRzQvS25Rdz09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,96932054094#,,,,,,0#,,492080#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 969 3205 4094
Passcode: VAMOS1 / 492080

The Joy of Music: 7:30pm ET, 4:30pm PT, 1:30pm HT
Join Donna for a fun time discussing Music. This is something that has no bounds. Everyone likes music of some kind. We all listen to music or create it for a myriad of reasons and the best thing about music is it evokes happiness for all to share.
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84953178959?pwd=SzNlSUpqWnJleEttVzFHT2pTZ2t3dz09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,84953178959#,,,,,,0#,,381215#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 849 5317 8959
Passcode: 381215

Help Kids Love Movies -- Benefits of Audio Description In Education (BADIE) Contest: 8pm ET, 5pm PT, 2pm HT
Learn about and help promote an exciting, ongoing partnership between ACB's Audio Description Program and the Described and Captioned Media Program (DCMP).
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87011303040?pwd=NXk4OWlMeWVnZ3JQYi95UzRrdlBpUT09
One tap mobile:+13126266799,,87011303040#,,,,,,0#,,234#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 870 1130 3040
Passcode: 234

Book Chat: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Join in the discussion of the book, “The Giver Of Stars,” by Jojo Moyes, DB96907, and any other interesting reads of the passed few weeks. Hosted by MCBVI member, Casey Dutmer.
Join the discussion:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86492094578?pwd=UWFZOHkvc3R6aGJaNHJqQkhSbC9xQT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,86492094578#,,253425#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 864 9209 4578
Passcode: 253425

Trina's Lounge: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Come relax with us in Trina's lounge. We will discuss a wide variety of topics. However, we will try to avoid the heavy stuff. Come chill with us! Hosted by Ali; facilitated by Trina.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2411302199?pwd=VGtsbkpsU1FHNkNaOVRWV1VvRStRdz09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2411302199#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 241 1302 199
Passcode: 000

Nerd Night: 10pm ET, 7pm PT, 4pm HT
We all have an inner nerd. From Disney to Star Wars to sports to gaming to theater to dating reality shows, come join the fun as we let our inner nerds out for this fun filled hour. This will be a weekly call and each week will have a different theme. Let your geekiness shine.
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89865546485?pwd=bVZHK28zRUtBYTBaRTR3NUxLTXduUT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,89865546485#,,,,,,0#,,404148#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 898 6554 6485
Passcode: 404148

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tuesday Topics: 7pm ET, 4pm PT, 1pm HT
Anthony (Tony) Stephens is on his second tour with ACB. Now he directs our efforts to raise money but does a lot more. On Tuesday Topics this time, we will visit with Tony, find out a little about who he was before he became a part of ACB, what he is currently working on and what his vision for ACB is.
Listen on ACB Radio Mainstream:
www.acbradio.org/mainstream
Join the call (10 minutes before the start time):
https://zoom.us/j/887066437
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,887066437#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 887066437

Thank You for Being a Friend: 7:30pm ET, 4:30pm PT, 1:30pm HT
We all have those friends. You know, the ones that are always there for us. Or maybe the ones who aren't. Let's chat about friendship and what it means. Bring your bestie and let's have some fun. Or make a new one. #friendship
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84491152638?pwd=MjhQSGFZYXVna3JxZ2crL2JzYmkwQT09
One tap mobile +13017158592,,84491152638#,,,,,,0#,,422788#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 844 9115 2638
Passcode: 422788

The Man Cave: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Attention all men. We would like to invite you to the next meeting of The Man Cave. This is a place where all men are invited to discuss men related issues of all types. It is a judgement-free zone no matter of age, ethnicity, or any other background. In addition, all information that is shared on the call will be kept in the highest and strictness of confidentiality. We only have a few ground rules. We will all respect each other, and absolutely no bashing of any type will be allowed. This week’s topic will be visually impaired verses sighted partners as it relates to men.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this group is for peer support only. It is not a therapy group nor will it be facilitated by a health care professional and does not purport to provide mental health services.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83196220337
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,83196220337# Meeting ID: 831 9622 0337
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 831 9622 033

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Full Flexibility Yoga: 4pm ET, 1pm PT, 10am HT
All you need is some comfortable clothes, no shoes, and a mat as we dive headfirst into full flexibility yoga. No chair, no worries! This class will focus on a full range of body poses as we move from the chair to the floor. Come join us for an hour of relaxation and yoga in the comfort of our own homes. Hosted by Leslie Spoone, Certified Aerobics Instructor and Personal Trainer.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85810305595?pwd=T1BlNEtiWi93eHZUcGF6bGgvNnU4UT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,85810305595#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 858 1030 5595
Passcode: 954475

Do You Want to Be an Author:? 6pm ET, 3pm PT, 12pm HT
Do you really want to make that dream come true? This is the place where we get started on it. Facilitated by Jenny Anderson, a self-published author. We will share with each other and encourage each other. We will walk through the process of actual publication with each other, and be encouraged with special guests that will explain the publication process.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85109156832?pwd=VURMRkwwYXRzMTlvYzVwQ2NlaEgzUT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,85109156832#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 851 0915 6832
Passcode: 194073

Bountiful Harvest Recipe Swap: 7pm ET, 4pm PT, 1pm HT
Please join us for a bountiful harvest recipe swap. What "appealing" recipe can you share with us with apples and pumpkin as part of the ingredients.
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84168930930?pwd=M2lta243VlBhaHlTRjFDUEZ0V2I0Zz09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,84168930930#,,,,,,0#,,234234#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 841 6893 0930
Passcode: 234234

The Friendship Circle: 7:30pm ET, 4:30pm PT, 1:30pm HT
Many of us have been coming to community calls for several months now, and we have new people joining us all the time. How can we take our connection to the next level? How about smaller gatherings, four to five people in a breakout room and we’ll call them friendship circles. We’ll do them twice in one hour, locking the room five minutes after we start, reopening just before the half-hour to allow new-comers in and lock up again at 5 after the half-hour to ensure everyone has a group to join. Note: Everyone must identify themselves to participate or they will be removed from the meeting.
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88355472075?pwd=bnV6anFZVHVxaCtqZ05aRmsxTDdPQT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,88355472075#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 883 5547 2075
Passcode: 234789

HEALTH Check-Up: 8pm ET, 5pm PT, 2pm HT
Home, Emergency, Attitude, Lifestyle, Tools, Health – Giving you the resources to be prepared and ready in all situations! This week we’ll talk fire safety in the home and workplace and will have a Fire Inspector and other special presenters. Join Terry for this important and timely discussion.
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85250115093?pwd=bVh4emQ2V3MySVR4VnYrc0pHbDJ4QT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,85250115093#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 852 5011 5093

Open Mic Night: 8pm ET, 5pm PT, 2pm HT
Hosted by Gregg Wandsneider, Tripple G, open mic is a time for community sharing of songs, jokes, poems and stories. Performers can take the virtual stage for up to 12 minutes. Please keep material family appropriate! All are welcome, performers and listeners!
Join in the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3114235410?pwd=WVhOZzV0dHdLNmp0VTcrS0ViWDdNQT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,3114235410#,,,,,,0#,,694167#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 311 423 5410
Passcode: 694167

Taking Care of Our Mental Health – Socialization Concerns for People Who Are Blind: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
We will continue to discuss specific communication / social interactions between people who are blind and sighted, as well as coping techniques.  NOTE:  This is a spin-off from Taking Care Of Our Mental Health September 29-30 discussion. Presented by Jessie L. Rayl, Ed.D.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this group is for peer support only. It is not a therapy group nor will it be facilitated by a health care professional serving in a professional capacity and does not purport to provide mental health services.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82315949187?pwd=MWRiOENQZkZENXU5Z3ZBT3FONEVJQT09
One tap mobile: +1312626799,,82315949187#,,,,0#,,786781#
Phone 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 823 1594 9187
Passcode: 786781

Magic Mac: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Mac users unite! Let’s put this baby up on stage and strip it down. We’re gonna take a look at the Mac using Voice Over starting at the log on screen and building a series of episodes surrounding OS and how it operates, including how to use some of the most popular apps. Whether you are an old hand, or deathly afraid of these powerhouses, join in and quell your curiosity about Mac in all it’s glory!
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83205569378?pwd=YmVYNjFBdWFjeFRubkR1ekdYbENGUT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,83205569378#,,,,,,0#,,886266#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 832 0556 9378
Passcode: 886266

Meditation Celebration: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Join In for a special half-hour together including a 20 minute meditation. We look forward to you coming. Your presence, is our gift, our present. Your participation is our anticipation.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87666882311?pwd=VXNsU1MrOU5vWmMxbUpLZzByaWtNUT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,87666882311#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 876 6688 2311
Passcode: 153764

Mid-Week Serenity: 10pm ET, 7pm PT, 4pm HT
Sometimes life gets a hold of us and we just need to remember to keep it simple and breathe. Join Cheryl for a peaceful time of guided reflection, rejuvenation, and recharging of our spirit.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84338696240?pwd=RGRENTd3RzUvV3VUVXc1V1E1Yk52UT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,84338696240#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 843 3869 6240
Passcode: 256201

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Resistance 101: 3:30pm ET, 12:30pm PT, 9:30am HT
It’s time for an upper body workout using resistance bands. Hand weights, Soup cans, or other household items can be substituted. These exercises can be done sitting or standing. Let’s all get moving with Leslie Spoone, Certified Aerobic Instructor and Personal Trainer.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85810305595?pwd=T1BlNEtiWi93eHZUcGF6bGgvNnU4UT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,85810305595#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 858 1030 5595
Passcode: 954475

Technology Learning Lab: 7pm ET, 4pm PT, 1pm HT
Come to learn about and discuss various technology topics. These could include learning about iPhone and iPad apps, feature demonstrations, as well as answering questions asked by participants. Shawn Thiel from ACB of Ohio will do his best to ensure that audio from the iOS device, computer, Victor Reader stream, Etc. is put through his mixer to be as clear as possible.
Join the call
https://zoom.us/j/96501872692?pwd=RzdCT1ZTKy82WUlXNUJXN24ybzhtdz09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,96501872692#,,,,,,0#,,636414#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 965 0187 2692
Passcode: 636414

Reflect, Remember, Relax: 7:30pm ET, 4:30pm PT, 1:30pm HT
No matter what your age, we’ve all felt nostalgic for the old days. Join Annie for a relaxing hour of reflecting and trips down Memory Lane. Who knows where the conversation may lead.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81335571219?pwd=a0k4Y2RDdnUxSG93RFJBUFcrYWhyQT09
One tap mobile:+13126266799,,81335571219#,,,,,,0#,,101359# US (San Jose)
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 813 3557 1219
Passcode: 101359
Autumn with Austen: 7:30pm ET, 4:30pm PT, 1:30pm HT
Whether you are already a fan or have been wondering what the fuss over Jane Austen is all about, here's your chance to read and discuss Miss Austen's last completed novel: "Persuasion," a bittersweet tale perfect for autumn. In this first meeting, Dr. Tabitha Kenlon, a former professor of English, will introduce participants to the world of Austen and the basic plot of Persuasion - all in a friendly and accessible way. We'll agree on a reading schedule and meet every week throughout October to discuss the chapters we've read. The book is available for free through the NLS (DB51057), and don't worry - there won't be a test!
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88413102537?pwd=RThQWWt2TkRtWmpQN0NhMEtsa0JQUT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,88413102537#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 884 1310 2537

CVAA 10th Anniversary Celebration: 7:30pm ET, 4:30pm PT, 1:30pm HT
Join ACB to commemorate the tenth anniversary of passage of the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA). Clark Rachfal, ACB's Director of Advocacy and Governmental Affairs, will be joined by a panel of industry partners to discuss the need for and impact of the CVAA on the innovation of communications products and services to serve people who are blind and low vision.
Join the webinar
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87205160405?pwd=Rmc4aGcvbUZuOVZsaXM3M3ZpUVcrQT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,87205160405#  or
Phone: 312-626-6799
Webinar ID: 872 0516 0405

CVAA 10th Anniversary Celebration -- Advocacy Stories from the Trenches: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Join ACB to commemorate the anniversary of passage of the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA). Eric Bridges, ACB's Executive Director, and Mark Richert, ACB's First Vice President, will share their advocacy war stories about the creation, passage and implementation of the CVAA.

Friday, October 9, 2020

Apple Presentation – All About Apple Pages: 3pm ET, 12pm PT, 9am HT
With Pages on iPad and iPhone, you can create beautiful word processing and page layout documents. You can even write and publish books. Join Matt Vollbrecht, certified Apple Teacher, and his team as they teach and demo Pages with Voiceover.
Listen on ACB Radio Community:
www.acbradio.org/community
Join the webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89327454957?pwd=SlkyT083cGRIZm1WakVNbVRVYkdFZz09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,89327454957#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Webinar Id: 893 2745 4957
Passcode: 249294

It’s Play Time: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Cindy and Meka welcome you to join in for some fun and laughs.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84421463247?pwd=R1Q0UnpTYTB3YUY5RysvclBuNjZ4UT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,84421463247#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 844 2146 3247
Passcode: 331558

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Celebrating You!: 10am ET, 7am PT, 4am HT
Come join us as we celebrate you! This is the call for you to celebrate your birthday if it's this month. All the birthdays for this month will be celebrated right here on this call.
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83264594937?pwd=bVhpQXRUeFVabnZWSTJTUS9heGRGUT09
One tap mobile +13017158592,,83264594937#,,,,,,0#,,561388#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 832 6459 4937
Passcode: 561388

Healthy Living Accountability Check-In: 12pm ET, 9am PT, 6am HT
Join others in the community for goal setting and idea sharing around staying healthy. Whether it’s supporting you on your weight-loss journey, trying to lower your cholesterol, blood sugar, or blood pressure, becoming more physically fit, giving up a bad habit, or something else altogether, here’s a chance for each of us to hold ourselves accountable in a supportive environment. Let’s get together once a week and celebrate successes, encourage one another through struggles, and become a healthier member of this ACB Community in the process.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this group is for peer support only. It is not a therapy group nor will it be facilitated by a health care professional and does not purport to provide mental health services.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88570448385?pwd=bGxwdVg4OUtPRVNYKzc2QU1hQmZCZz09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,88570448385#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 885 7044 8385
Passcode: 457372

Angel Eyes Fitness – : 12pm ET, 9am PT, 6am HT
This challenging circuit/interval training workout yet safe workout says goodbye to run-of-the-mill workout routines and hello to exciting movement to achieve real fitness and nutritional goals. Optional Tools: 1-2 lbs. and 2-3 lbs. set of small hand weights, medium and light resistance bands and a chair. Water bottles can also be used.

Hosted by Angel Eyes Nutrition
Join the Call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81352344854?pwd=WWdIamJLSmNUWCtSVlkwZHd1ckdjUT09

One tap mobile:+13126266799,,81352344854#,,,,,,0#,,924997#

Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 813 5234 4854

Passcode: 924997

An Introduction to NVDA – Exploring What You Want: 3pm ET, 12pm PT, 9am HT
Have you ever wanted to learn NVDA? Well, now you can! This week we shall be discussing what you want to learn. Below shall be a link to a google form that you can fill out so Brandon can get an idea on what the community wants to learn. Click here to fill out the form:https://forms.gle/uY37CdN5WDqbRKJE9
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87909308783?pwd=aUJ4eCt6RXpTQUxQNm0xNWJaSEhmQT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,87909308783#,,,,,,0#,,545453#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 879 0930 8783
Passcode: 545453

At Home Garden and Agriculture: 5pm ET, 2pm PT, 11am HT
Join your host Deborah for the monthly Acb home, garden, and agriculture call on October 10 at five Eastern time. This month Tiffany and Debbie from the Hadley School for the Blind will present on container gardening. There will be time for your questions and comments during the call. If you are interested in being a guest Who can share on a topic related to Living sustainably, raising livestock, or growing food, please contact Deborah at acb.home.garden. Agriculture at gmail.com.
Join the call
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83991080513?pwd=M3R5K2d1b1RlcXFYWDRGbWhZVTR0UT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,83991080513#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 839 9108 0513
Passcode: 833869

Let’s Talk Sports: 8pm ET, 5pm PT, 2pm HT
Once again, Dan Spoone and Eric Bridges come together to reminisce, predict, and just have fun chatting about everything and anything sports, and they want you to join in the fun.
Listen on ACB Radio Community:
www.acbradio.org/community
Join the webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81671729536?pwd=NVQrUksyeERLVDNTTjVnNW0rREttZz09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,81671729536#  or
Phone: 312-626-6799
Webinar ID: 816 7172 9536

Karaoke Night: 9pm ET, 6pm PT, 3pm HT
Meka and Cindy are besties who love to go to Karaoke together, but now they live 1600 miles apart and there’s a pandemic. So they’re opening their Zoom Room for some crazy singing fun and hope you’ll decide to join in. Get your karaoke song queued up on your computer, grab your favorite beverage of choice, and whether you come to sing or not, take part in some community time.
Join the call:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84421463247?pwd=R1Q0UnpTYTB3YUY5RysvclBuNjZ4UT09
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,84421463247#
Phone: 312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 844 2146 3247
Passcode: 331558

ACB students andACV next generation