[NABS-L] Blind Friendly University

Gene Kim gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 19:38:36 UTC 2020

Hey Aimee,

I can only speak on my personal experiences as a sophomore who hasn’t done too much advanced coursework, but Stanford has been phenomenal at providing accommodations, especially our CS department. The professors and the Office of Accessible Education have a lot of experience making materials accessible for blind folks to the point where they’re more on top of it than I am sometimes...

I have a friend at University of Washington who has also had a positive experience as an upperclassmen. Other schools I’m optimistic about but don’t have much concrete knowledge of would be Berkeley, UCLA, USC, CMU, Harvey Mudd, SF State, San Jose state, Georgia Tech, MIT, Harvard, and University of Michigan. A lot of these schools have faculty who are big names in the accessibility-research space. I’m sure there are more out there, but these are the ones I’m relatively confident about.

Best of luck with the application process!

Kindly,
Gene