[NABS-L] State Convention best Practices

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Sat Feb 13 23:30:10 UTC 2021

Hi:

The question of requiring video be on for meetings can be sticky. Normally,
I do not have video on for meetings, but that depends on the type of
meeting. For example, I had video on for Washington Seminar appointments as
a team leader, but did not require it for my team members. As a chapter
president, I do not require it for our chapter meetings, mostly because I
have a chapter of older people who are not comfortable with technology; I
want them to feel included. Additionally, some people who do not have
adequate bandwidth will have connection issues with Zoom. I approach the
video question by allowing my board members and chapter members to choose if
they will use video or not.

Sincerely,
Camille Tate
President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, National Federation of the Blind,
Florida
Board of Directors, National Federation of the Blind, Florida
Email: ctate2076 at att.net
Phone: 321 372 4899