[NABS-L] Language Translaters.

Kendra Schaber kschaber at my.chemeketa.edu
Wed Jan 6 06:38:07 UTC 2021

Hi all!
I’m looking for a quick word translater or translation software that’s accessible to NVDA. I did a search for one today without luck. I don’t need anything that can translate entire documents at this time. I need something to quickly translater a single word at a time translating English to Spanish and vise versa. I want something that is not on my phone because I’m often on the phone when I run into the issue of “What’s that word?” While doing my homework. I prefer something that’s accessible on a computer since that’s where I do my homework. So far, I have not run into anything that’s accessible or even something with decent work flow which in my appoinyon is an overlooked aspect of accessability. I don’t want an A device yet since I don’t have much use for one plus, I don’t want something that will require the internet the entire time I have it turned on. I mainly want something that allows me to translate single words or short sentences at a time in a simular efficiency that my sighted class mates already get with things like Google Translate or simular apps that are not fully accessability including work flow.
Kendra Schaber

Thank you for taking the time for reading this email! I’m sorry for any errors that appear in this message!
Stay safe and healthy!
Blessed be!
Kendra SchabeR
Chemeketa Community College
Honor Roll Student for fall term of 2019
Honor Roll student Spring 2020
National Federation of the Blind
 Secretary of the Capitol Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Oregon
Secretary of the Oregon Association of Blind Students: a devition of the National Federation of the Blind of Oregon
Member of 350.ORG Salem