[NABS-L] Virtual Instruction Question

D'Agostino, Alfred ADAgostino at ndm.edu
Wed Jan 6 14:12:13 UTC 2021

I am interested in student experiences with virtual instruction, so that I can communicate issues to faculty colleagues . In outline form, would you please indicate as many of the specific challenges you have encountered in online courses and how you have dealt with them. Please be as specific as you can – for example, in identifying the specific problem and how it was overcome (or remains unresolved.)

Here are examples of the format/ info I am looking for:

*My instructor uses the whiteboard in Zoom to write notes during class / I have requested a copy of the notes prior to class.

*It takes a long time to do an exam in the learning management system environment with the screen reader / I have requested extra time for exams.

*Graphs presented as images in PowerPoint presentations are not accessible / I have requested written/ audio descriptions of the graphs.

Thank you.

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Alfred T. D'Agostino, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
Notre Dame of Maryland University