[NABS-L] 500 Women Scientists' Fellowship for the Future

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Wed Jan 13 13:24:10 UTC 2021

From: Fellowship for the Future [mailto:fellowship at 500womenscientists.org]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 12:13 PM
Subject: 500 Women Scientists' Fellowship for the Future

Hello, and Happy New Year!

We are the nonprofit 500 Women Scientists<http://500womenscientists.org/>, and we are really excited to announce that we have a funding opportunity that may benefit the people in your organization!

In January 2020, we launched with our inaugural cohort for our Fellowship for the Future program. Fellowship for the Future is a two-year fellowship geared towards supporting and recognizing Women of Color who lead community-based projects geared towards increasing equity and justice within their field. We are interested in community-based projects within the fields of science, technology, engineering, math, and medicine (STEMM). Here’s a quick snapshot of what we offer our fellows:

·  A one-time $7,500 honorarium

·  Annual $1250 in project support funds

·  $1000 in travel funds to attend a 500 Women Scientists leadership retreat (pending travel/gathering guidelines)

·  Trainings, community building sessions, and the resources of our global network

To learn more about Fellowship for the Future, please visit https://500womenscientists.org/apply<https://500womenscientists.org/apply>. We will be hosting informational sessions in January, and people can let us know their questions ahead of time here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe6oykwTKP4P8X2benZf9zKgl7TUgZWw1FxDtVRHMxQaFFjmQ/viewform>. The application is open now through January 31, 2021, and we have attached a flyer that can be distributed within your networks.

We will also be hosting informational sessions where folks interested in applying can learn more about the program and ask questions. The first session is tonight at 8pm EST / 5pm PST, and the second session is Friday, January 22 at 2pm EST / 11am PST. I have attached shareable flyers with links to RSVP for each session.

Hoping that you experience lots of rest and joy as we close out 2020, and we will follow up after the new year to see if you have any questions. Thank you!

Best,

Cicely Paine, Fellowship for the Future Program Manager

Disclaimer