[NABS-L] Listening to text with JAWS and verbally reproducing it simultaneously: 3 specific questions

Marc Workman mworkman.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 22:43:31 UTC 2021

The trick is to break up the sentennces. Ideally you break them up where
the listener would naturally expect a pause.

The downside is it does take a little extra work to format the
presentation, but the more you do it, the better you get at knowing where
to split the sentence. Of course rehearsing helps, but when the sentences
are broken up, you can do a pretty good job without having to practice
much.

I've been using this approach for years, including in front of audiences of
hundreds, and have received many complements on my public speaking
abilities.

BTW, I also use this approach regularly with an iPhone and voiceover, which
is handy when you don't want to drag a laptop up with you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marc