[NABS-L] question on statistics

candice.attrill at gmail.com candice.attrill at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:47:48 UTC 2021

              Good afternoon fellow students,

I am going back to college this fall after a 11 year hiatus. I have to take
statistics, but I'll be taking social statistics.

I have a few questions for anyone who's taken stats before.

First What did you do for the graphics during class? I tried taking stats at
my community college, the disabilities office gave me a graphing board and
said good luck. It didn't work out. This time the disabilities office
doesn't know what I mean when I say a graphing board, so what should I be
asking for?

Did you need to use a graphing calculator for social statistics, and if so
any brands, or app based recommendations are welcome.

Also What were ways you handled getting the information in class? This is
where I gave up before. The professor would use a board or computer screen,
and give very little detail about what the graphics contained for example,
"If the graph shows a line going in this direction, but it comes to a point
here, what does this tell us?"

I'm not a math shining star, and I need this course for my social work
program. Any experiences, and or adaptive material ideas are welcome

Thank you so much

Candice

Candice.attrill at gmail.com <mailto:Candice.attrill at gmail.com>