[NABS-L] Forwarding Information about Career Launch

Trisha Kulkarni, National Student President nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 01:19:42 UTC 2021

Happy Monday Students,

Folks at Career Launch sent me this information and wanted me to pass it
along to the NABS community. Check it out if you are interested.

Best,

Trisha Kulkarni

President | National Association of Blind Students

A Proud Division of the National Federation of the Blind

www.nabslink.org <http://www.nabslink.org>

You're ready to launch - Career Launch @ Perkins is ready to help

Your next step on your path to a meaningful and competitive career starts
with Career Launch.

You are driven, accomplished, and ready to get to work. Career Launch is
here to give you the tools, skills, experience and support you need to make
your career goals a reality.

Why Career Launch?

 <https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch> Career
Launch, an innovative one-of-a-kind training and career services program,
was designed with one goal: help blind and visually impaired young adults,
ages 18 to 35, land professional, career-track jobs.

This program is intense. It's comprehensive. And above all, it's proven.
<https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch/alumni>
Participants have gone on to succeed in permanent employment - in some
cases, receiving their first-ever paycheck.

<https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch/career-lau
nch-virtual> The virtual session starts with two months of
<https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch/curriculum
>  thorough career training in client racing roles (think HR, Sales,
Healthcare, Finance, Hospitality, Tech - roles where working with people is
the main focus). Training includes customer simulations, extensive
Salesforce.com training, access technology lessons, guest speakers, mock
interviews and more. That's followed by a year of ongoing instruction, as
well as job acquisition and coaching support from the Perkins Career
Services team, ensuring
<https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch/candidates
/counselors>  a strong start in the working world.

Why we want you:

You are goal-oriented, self-determined, solutions-driven and effective
advocates for yourselves and your community. We know that blind students
have what it takes to succeed, and we know we can give you the skills and
support to get you there.

Take the next step:

We offer Career Launch several times a year,
<https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch/virtual-se
ssion-application> and accept applications continuously. Our next session is
scheduled to begin in late March 2021. For more information, contact Deana
Criess, Associate Director of Recruitment & Admissions, or visit
<https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch/career-lau
nch-virtual>  Perkins.org/CareerLaunch/Virtual.

Deana Criess

(she/her/hers)

Associate Director of Recruitment & Admissions, Career Launch

 <http://perkins.org/CareerLaunch> Perkins.org/CareerLaunch

Perkins School for the Blind

Perkins.org

175 North Beacon Street

Watertown MA 02472

617-972-7804

<https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch/subscribe>
Sign up here to keep up with news, events and updates about
<https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch> Career
Launch and other Perkins post-secondary transition programs.

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/F2UobapPutCqoNO6c8nVz5SrWZKB5-v9jJupOnUb1
hQk-vDK0xmuPAyLGg2v36QJyWPx4chjE4m2RN1PZ6X0L3ks6BrgnOz-XI4PB-n77Xi2C251Z3kh6
f58CONptbhBC5y_691_>

 <https://www.facebook.com/OfficialPerkins>
<https://twitter.com/perkinsvision>
<https://www.instagram.com/perkinsvision/>