[NABS-L] Not Recognizing Voices

luke.seibert at gmail.com luke.seibert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 01:46:23 UTC 2021

Hi, Amy.

I am in a similar situation and sometimes encounter this. Just the other
week I got the voices of two friends mixed up. I don't think this is a
disorder, just an aspect of relying entirely on voice clues. A few things I
felt helpful is trying to learn unique characteristics of a voice (like a
certain lilt in a laugh), or certain topics/phrases an individual uses.

Hope this helps.

Luke Seibert
President, Alabama Association of Blind Students