[NABS-L] Not Recognizing Voices

Amy Albin amyralbin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 01:29:11 UTC 2021

Hey All,

I am totally blind and have a question that I never got around to asking.

I have no hearing disabilities. However, I sometimes don't recognize
people's voices that I have known for awhile. For example, people in
my classes, some of them I can't tell apart even though I have
interacted with them frequently. In high school I was in a group where
there were 2 girls I could not tell apart by voice. I do not have this
problem for everyone. There are plenty of people whose voices I
recognize, but plenty I don't. I know that when sighted people can't
recognize faces, it is considered a disorder. Is not recognizing
voices normal for blind people? Thanks.