[NABS-L] College language classes, and Hindi braille

Shawn shawnabraham21 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:29:47 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,
I am taking Hindi next semester, and very much looking forward to it. But I’m terrified it will be inaccessible, especially since I’ll have to learn Hindi braille on my own. Does anyone have suggestions, or experience, with language classes?
My disability office is suggesting having the textbook translated in to braille, and then having a person to translate all my work back and forth between me and the teacher. Are there faster alternatives? Will the class being online make it too difficult??
Any help would be really greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shawn