[NABS-L] Join NABS and Democracy Live for an Introductory Call on Sunday, May 1

Trisha Kulkarni, National Student President nabs.president at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 23:25:44 UTC 2022

Dear students,

I hope you had a lovely weekend! I am writing with an exciting call opportunity for this coming Sunday at 8:00 PM ET.
Democracy Live and the National Association of Blind Students are coming together for a call on accessible voting. This is our first conversation with the organization as a national student division, but Democracy Live has a strong partnership with many of our affiliates. It is an honor to have the opportunity to speak with them.
We hope to make this an introductory meeting where Democracy Live will learn about NABS and the other way around. This meeting will be about 45 minutes - 1 hour. We will start with introductions from members of Democracy Live and members of NABS. Next, Melissa Carney will present a demonstration of Democracy Live's accessible, remote ballot transmission technology. The demonstration will show how anyone, especially people with disabilities or disenfranchised voters, can remotely and securely receive, mark a ballot, and return it. After that, there will be time for questions, comments, feedback, and enhancing our relationship.

About Democracy Live:
Founded in 2007, Democracy Live technologies have been deployed in 4,000 elections, serving over 10 million voters in 2,500 jurisdictions and 25 states. In partnership with Amazon and Microsoft, Democracy Live is the largest provider of cloud and tablet-based voting technologies in the U.S.

Democracy Live has been selected by both the Department of Defense and the U.S. State Department for our remote, accessible balloting technologies. A founding member of the Department of Homeland Security sponsored Elections Coordinating Council, Democracy Live is a leading authority on secure voting technologies. Awarded the “2019 Accessibility in Voting Award” presented at the United Nations, Democracy Live technologies have been awarded funding by the Department of Health and Human Services and the Elections Assistance Commission to assist voters with disabilities.

The Zoom information for this meeting is below:
https://zoom.us/j/4678833687
Meeting ID: 467 883 3687
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,4678833687# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,4678833687# US (Chicago)

Really hope to see you there.

Yours,
Trisha

Trisha Kulkarni
President | National Association of Blind Students
A Proud Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.nabslink.org