[NABS-L] WE WANT YOU: Sunday, 8/21, 7 PM Eastern - Legislative and Self Advocacy Committee Call

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sat Aug 20 14:21:58 UTC 2022

Aloha, My Fellow Blind Students:

This is Justin Mark Hideaki Salisbury (he/him), Chair of the Legislative and Self Advocacy Committee of the National Association of Blind Students.

This year we will be working together to improve the lives of blind students through advocacy at the individual and systemic levels. Sometimes, something happens in our space that only seems like it affects us, but we still need to have the skills, confidence, and connections to address it. Other times, we need to work together to change something that affects our entire campus, our entire city, our entire state, our entire nation, or the entire world. When we work together, we can change the world.

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." (African Proverb)

We have a broad agenda, and WE WANT YOU to come help us determine the projects of the committee for the upcoming year. Anyone can join. If you're totally new and don't feel comfortable with the word "legislative," that's great! Come and get comfortable. If you're feeling lonely and just want to meet other blind students, still come! If you're feeling anxious about the new school year and want a distraction, still come!

Our first meeting of the year will be tomorrow:

Sunday, August 21 at 7 PM EST

Zoom Meeting Info:

https://zoom.us/j/4678833687
Meeting ID: 4678833687
One Tap Mobile: +16468769923,,4678833687

Our meeting ID spells "GO STUDENTS" on a telephone keypad.

Talk to you soon!

Justin

Justin Mark Hideaki Salisbury
he/him/his

Board Member
National Association of Blind Students
A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
Mobile: (808) 797-8606
Email: president at alumni.ecu.edu<mailto:president at alumni.ecu.edu>
Website: www.nabslink.org<http://www.nabslink.org/>