[NABS-L] Petition related to accessibility in college

Mikayla Gephart mikgephart at icloud.com
Wed Feb 2 22:47:34 UTC 2022

Hi,

	I was recently informed about a petition related to accessibility and college. Here is some information about it. I am signing and sharing, and hope that you do as well.

	There is a court case in California that could have a significant impact on blind students, as well as disabled people in general. Blind students at the Los Angelas Community College District have sued for accessible materials, and won both at the district court and appeals court email. Now the community college district is planning to take the case to the Suppreme Court. I am summarizing an email that someone else sent me about the case, but here is a link to more information.
https://dredf.org/2021/12/16/payan-v-laccd-explainer/ <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://dredf.org/2021/12/16/payan-v-laccd-explainer/&source=gmail-imap&ust=1644416383000000&usg=AOvVaw3ZtM8MjaIY5T07qCk0pzuY>

Here is a link to a petition encouraging the college to not appeal to the Supreme Court.
https://form.jotform.com/220128109863150 <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://form.jotform.com/220128109863150&source=gmail-imap&ust=1644416383000000&usg=AOvVaw23L1_p0B2HiXEEb5fTZ2go>

Mikayla