[NABS-L] Your experiences with churches

nspohn0 at gmail.com nspohn0 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 20:10:22 UTC 2022

Hello,

I grew up at the same church my whole life. I was fully sighted until I was
14 years old. The people I was friends with before continued to be friends
with me after. However, it may not always be that way for everyone.

I do not necessarily need any accommodations since I go to church with
family. Although I do not walk with a cane, a good bit of people know about
my vision because of being involved in different activities over the years.
That said, I am unable to read the hymns and the bulletin. I personally do
not mind because services are similar enough that I think it is no sweat to
just say or sing what I know from memory. That and I do not go to church
frequently enough for it to be worth everyone's time to provide me with
those things in braille.