[NABS-L] Your experiences with churches

luke.seibert at gmail.com luke.seibert at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 20:28:41 UTC 2022

I have had really good experiences with churches, both with congregations
who knew me before I lost my sight and with congregations who didn't. At one
church, someone in the congregation got a Braille hymnal for me, and the
pastor would send an email with the songs ahead of time so I knew which hymn
pages to grab (the hymnal was in six three-ringed binders). I have also been
able to participate in choirs at two churches. I have also preached at
several congregations, and I never had a problem. Sometimes it can be
awkward with meeting new people and trying to navigate the sanctuary, but
most people have been pretty helpful.

Luke Seibert
President, Alabama Association Of Blind Students
(256) 443-0212
LukeSeibert.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/luke-seibert-3a2a78173/