[NABS-L] Final Reminder: January Meeting of the NABS LSAC!

Elizabeth Rouse elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 19:30:33 UTC 2022

Happy Saturday, NABSters!

Your friendly neighborhood NABS Legislative and Self-Advocacy leaders are
dropping in with a final reminder to join us on Sunday, January 16 at 8 PM
for our monthly committee call.

This month, we’ll be discussing the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King
Jr., and we would love for your thoughts and opinions to be a part of our
discussion.

View our agenda below for a sneak peek on what we’ll be covering, and keep
scrolling for Zoom info, too.

National Association of Blind Students

Legislative and Self-Advocacy Committee

Meeting Agenda

January 16, 2022

Action Items:

Attendance:

Start Time:

•Zoom Etiquette

•Ice Breaker: Many people look up to MLK for his activism and leadership;
who do you look up to and why?

•Introduction of Call Topic: The life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

https://youtu.be/4xXZhXTFWnE

•A Reflection on Blueprints

https://youtu.be/3QUVmp6Gz6o

-What did you personally take away from this inspirational speech by MLK?

-What do you hold central in your life’s blueprint?

-What door of opportunity would you like to see open before you?

-Any thoughts on King’s effort to motivate in this speech?

•Envisioning our Mountaintop

https://youtu.be/Oehry1JC9Rk

-How does King inspire his listeners to overcome adversity?

-What do you think “the promised land” looks like from a blindness
perspective?

End Time:

•Additional Student Contact Information

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/4678833687
Meeting ID: 467 883 3687
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,4678833687# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,4678833687# US (Chicago)

Hope to see you there!

Elizabeth
--
Elizabeth Rouse
She/her/hers
elizabethrouse.nfb at gmail.com
(563) 210-1854
“It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.” -
Eleanor Roosevelt