[NABS-L] Braille Note Touch Plus or Braille Display

Mausam Mehta mausam.mehta.nfb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 18:32:03 UTC 2022

Hi Ian,
I agree that it is definitely personal preference. In my experience, I have been able to do just about anything I need to do on my laptop, and it is really nice to have the option of braille with a quick connection to my braille display  if I need it, but it isn’t necessary. I will say that the display has been really helpful when I need to do a standing presentation where I might not have a podium or something to set down a larger device on. I can connect across the room to my laptop and scroll seamlessly with just the display in my hand. That’s a very specific situation, but I would encourage you to think about  things like that, and where you are most in need of braille versus being able to use your more main stream devices.
Hope that helps!
Best,
Mausam

Mausam Mehta
1st Vice President | National Association of blind students
A proud division of the National Federation of the blind
mausam.mehta.nfb at gmail.com

www.nabslink.org