[NABS-L] Question About Laptops with Screen Readers

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:28:39 UTC 2022

Hi Jackson:

My current laptop is an HP Envy notebook, which is a fairly compact PC that,
as you might imagine, doesn't have a number pad. I can use JAWS on this
laptop with much success. However, it is very important to set JAWS or
NVDA's keyboard layout to laptop mode. This changes the JAWS or NVDA key
from insert to caps lock, which is much easier to get to when doing
keystrokes on a small device, particularly if the laptop has multi-function
keys that require you to press both the insert key and the function key.

Hope this helps!

Chris