[NABS-L] Taking Case Notes during an Intake Interview

Nina Marranca ninam0814 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 23:30:38 UTC 2022

This is an amazing question. I have worked a job at a human services org for 1.5 years now. I'm also getting my Doctorate in clinical psych. I only bring those two things up because intake/ interviewing is a pretty big part of what I do and will do in the future :)
I use my laptop for this, preferrably with the questionnaire in a word doc. I just type notes next to or below each question. As for being attentive, I focus on my body language, still looking toward the client, having an open facial expression, etc. It's very normal in my program to give each other feedback on these things, whether blind or sighted. So that is definitely something you can ask someone, how did I appear in that practice interview? I don't record my interviews for obvious confidentiality reasons, which is why note taking, as you said, is a huge part of it. Happy to chat more. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone