[NABS-L] Situation with rehab services

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Wed May 8 15:39:17 UTC 2024

I would definitely look into the bus service. If you can use a combination of paratransit and fix route to go between your county and the one where the main campus of the college is located. Getting good orientation and mobility training to navigate those routes is a benefit that will extend beyond your college life. I also am an older student, age 48, so I understand the concerns about the job market post graduation. Your rehab agency may be able to. provide bus passes, which would be a lower cost for the rehab agency, so you can use the paratransit service. Additionally, you may be able to find things to do since she would arrive at your campus earlier than you need to for classes. I do not know what transit services are available in your state and county, but would love to speak with you off-line about some of the options that should be available to you. Please feel free to contact me off mine if you'd like to chat.
Sincerely,

Camille Tate

President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter , National Federation of the Blind, FL
First Vice President, National Federation of the Blind, FL

Email: ctate2076 at att.net

Phone:  321 372 4899

Sent from my iPhone