[nagdu] winter coats

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Thu Dec 4 17:12:26 UTC 2008

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas where I can get a winter coat  that will fit over the guide harness?

I've got an insulated coat that has to be worn under the harness, but that doesn't work out so well.  the harness doesn't fit as well.  also I have to adjust the size every time I change from coat to no coat. It's going to be a major pain to have to take off the harness, the coat and then back on with the harness after changing the size if we would need to go from outside to inside.

I did make a sweater that will fit over the harness, but it is very bulky, catches on my pantleg and isn't very effective when it's windy.

I'm thinking of altering the first coat so it can be worn over the harness, but I've never done something like that before.  I'd be interested in any sewing tips anyone might be able to offer.  I don't want to ruin the coat.

Or is there some easier solution that I'm missing entirely?  and no one had better say move to a warmer climate! *smile*

Thanks much!
Julie