[nagdu] Photos and blindness

Jeffrey Schwartz sidney.schwartz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 28 02:54:22 UTC 2008

Marion,
Thank you for your thoughtful and thought provoking note.  I believe that
this issue is a tempest in a teapot.  Would I ban Bunny from the list or
censure her in some formal way? No.  Would I send and email with 2 mb of
photos to this list? No.  Personally, I would feel that it would be an
affront to the list.   That said, I ask that we drop it.  This is simply an
issue of personal judgment and sensitivities.  I am happy for those of you
who could enjoy the photos.  I didn't realize that there were so many on
this list.
Cordially,
Jeff
PS I am quite familiar with the NFB and its founder.  I corresponded with
him extensively.  I think that he was very damaged by life's early
experiences as a blind youth and grew into an angry and bitter man.