[nagdu] about the photos

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Sun Dec 28 21:51:58 UTC 2008

Hello all!

I've returned from my holiday hiatus.  I've just gotten caught up with email.  I'm glad to see everyone is doing well.

I have no issue with sending photos to the list, as I have indicated previously.  It would be very nice if they could be viewed on a web page instead of sent as an attachment.  I understand that it is most inconvenient for those using dial up connections.  I also think it gives a bit more peace of mind.  I know I rarely open email attachments due to fear of virus or other unpleasantness.  If the pictures are sent as an attachment it would be nice if they could be resized so they  aren't so big. I think it is also courteous to give a text description of what is in the photos.  all that is just my request.  There is no list rule about photos.  At this point I am not going to add one.

I will say that photos, just like text, need to be on topic and appropriate. This means pictures of our guides, guides in training, our guides working, gear, a particular working situation, a grooming tool etc.   Since blindness and other guide animals are also okay topics in limited quantities pictures of those things would also be okay in limited quantities.  My hope is that people will use their good judgment when sending pictures, as has been the case so far, and I won't have to come up with rules to address the situation.

I think Marion has done an excellent job addressing the blindness aspect of this topic.  Thank you Marion!

Thanks much!
Julie
list moderator